Saturday, October 8, 2016

Black-horned Tree CricketBlack-horned Tree Cricket

Black-horned Tree Cricket
 I have been unable to find much data on this cricket.  I think research is currently under way.  There is great photography available on the Internet.

Black-horned Tree Cricket
I did read that the male provides "multi-modal communication" to aid the female in her choice.  The modes are:  "acoustic, olfactory, and vibratory."  I find these crickets mostly on tall sunflower but the photography I saw shows them in other settings as well.

I have observed honey bees driving them around onto the back side of the bloom.

Black-horned Tree Cricket Behind Bloom
 They don't seem belligerent and wait a while before returning to the front.




Larry's Images and Aerial



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: