Sunday, June 14, 2015

World Famous Bologna Sandwich

G and R Tavern, Waldo, OH
The G and R Tavern boasts that its Bologna Sandwich is world famous.  I had one this past Thursday, and I can see that its claim is justified.  I met Marty and Edd, my Brothers-in-law, there for lunch.  .

I met the proprietress, Joy Lewis, and she shared some information about their sandwich.  The bologna is special order made to their demanding secret recipe.  It is sliced 3/4 inch thick, fried to perfection and served on a white bun, along with sweet pickles, thick sliced onion, and Monterrey Jack cheese.

Bar
They advertise their establishment as a meeting place for sports minded people.  They are open until mid-night on the weekends.  Oh, don't bring your credit card.  They accept only cash and checks in payment.

G and R Tavern, Waldo, OH
Thursday was a day off for me.  I drove there early and did the photography shown.  I had fun removing the stop sign just in front of the sandwich on the sign.  I used HDR techniques for the outside captures.  The bar was a panoramic capture.  I used flash to mitigate the high contrast from the lighted signs.

I also drove into the country side surrounding, looking for a tree in the middle of a field to photograph.  I found one, located the owner and obtained his permission.  Now I must wait for the ideal weather.

Waldo, a village, contains a regionally recognized furniture store and other businesses.  I understand it is worth the drive from Mansfield.  The street corner on which the tavern stands saw much farm traffic.  They were spraying and planting if the equipment passing through was any indication.  The town feels comfortable to me, a farm bred and raised individual.



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: