Monday, June 15, 2015

Dryad Saddle Revisited

Larry with Dryad Saddle Muschroom
I revised this dead tree the other day and was amazed at the growth of the Dryad Saddle Mushrooms.  That is one mushroom just below the leaves.  I thought you would need to see a size comparison to understand my amazement. Please note the cluster, to my left, is almost the size of my head.

Larry and Dryad Saddle Mushrooms
The log that fell off the stump, pictured at the top, is also covered with the mushrooms.

I am surprised that we have so many Dryad Saddle Mushrooms at Gorman.  I guess I had not became aware until I started shooting mushrooms last autumn.  I have tried to think what I was doing at this time of year in previous seasons.  I suppose that I was shooting insects and flowers.

Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: