Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Unknown Mushroom 5/24/15

Unknown Mushrooms 5-24-15
I found these growing on a partially decorticated shag-bark hickory log in a copse of trees.

Unknown Mushrooms 5-24-15
I sampled just one for an underside image.  I expected to see an orange spore print, but such was not the case.

Unknown Mushrooms 5-24-15 spore print
This modus operandi has evolved to accommodate my shooting life style.  I give each mushroom I shoot a reasonable amount of time.  If I can not find it, I name it "unknown mushroom xx/xx/xx".  I then come back to it when there is time and submit it to Mushroom Observer.  I will hopefully have an answer on this one by the time it posts.

Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook. 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: