Saturday, May 16, 2015

Mica Cap


Mica Cap
I found these mushrooms surrounding a standing, dead, hardwood tree the other day.  I was amazed at how many there were.  I wish I had made an image to show the large number.

Gills Mica Cap
A few hours after collection a self digesting process call autodigestion,aka deliquescenceAccording to Wikipedia, they are edible before this process begins.

Mica Cap Spore Print
I left a cap on a slide over night to collect a spore print.  Twenty-four hours later it was a black gooey mess, which is reportedly full of spores.  This is the edge of the mess which most resembled a conventional sporeprint.

Mica Cap Gills
The stalk literally fell out of the cap.  I would say it is loosely attached! 


Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: