Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Pezizales

Pezizales
I took Chad, Megan, Lucas and Loundon on a nature walk at Gorman Nature Center last Sunday.  I billed it as Mushrooms, Wildflowers and Wildlife.

I showed them the mushrooms I have found.  The boys found this mushroom for me and it was one not in my collection of images.  I thought it to be Woodland Cup.  I submitted to Mushroom Observer on the web and got Pezizales.  I think that I was close.

Pezizales
I went back the next day to photograph it.  I had trouble finding it even though I knew it was there.  The boys have sharp eyes.

Pezizales
I have never seen a stalk like that.  Maybe it is not a stalk.


Camera Setup


Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: