Monday, May 18, 2015

Canal Fulton

Sisters Century House Restaurant
I arose the other morning feeling the need to be distracted.  I happened to note the Rust and Found was open that weekend.  We decided to go.  They are only open once a month as I understand.  It is an extremely popular place.  They a had people lined up all around the shop waiting to make purchases.

While Carol scouted around in the store, I scouted out the town, Canal Fulton.  The above restaurant is right next door and they had a public restroom.  After using same, I walked all the way in to see what the place was like.  We ended up having lunch there.  It was fun!

There is a park from which I made the above image which is bounded, on one side by the Tuscaroras River and on the other side by a section of the Ohio and Erie Canal.  The park also boasted a visitor's center and canal packet boat, neither open this early.

Canal Packet Boat
I think the place would be worth day's excursion later in the season when things are open.  I think you might also enjoy a visit to the Sisters Century House Restaurant.  


Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: