Monday, February 16, 2015

More Close Ups

Quartz Crystals
I tried using f/5.6 while capturing this series.  As you can see it distorts the image such that it looks like a ball.

Flint, Quartz, Sedimentary
Even with this lens setup, Sigma f/2.8, 24-70 on 24 and ∞, mounted in reverse on the Sigma 180mm macro, I am forced to use f/3.5 for shooting to avoid the vignetting.  It gives expected perspective with this setting.  I am using CamRanger step medium successfully.

A word about the Sigma 180mm macro.  Some of you might remember that I sent it back for repairs.  It turns out that it needed no repairs and they sent it back.  The only charge I incurred was the shipping and insurance one way.  I think, now, that the problem was that I did not have the resistance on the focusing rail set stiffly enough and it allowed movement as I checked the camera after each 50 image capture.  I am currently experiencing no difficulties except those noted under the first image.

Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: