Wednesday, January 7, 2015

American Elm Log

American Elm Log
I found this log which has many different fungi growing on it.  I am extremely frustrated with identifying mushrooms.  I think that one of my mistakes has been to assume that mushrooms growing on the same log and looking somewhat similar are the same.

Bark
Log
You can see that the log is partially decorticated, bark partially off.

Camera Setup for Fungi Unknown
The brownish red mushrooms were growing in the dead moss on the trunk not on the wood.  I accidentally touched the moss and the top one fell off.  The white ones are growing on the wood itself.

Buy your 2015 Calender Here 

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: