Thursday, December 18, 2014

Unknown Mushroom

Unknown Mushroom
The margin seems to be scalloped and it has four scallops.  It is tiny, 3/8 inch.

Unknown Mushroom
The gills, as you can see are widely set.

The log upon which I found it was dead with bark partially decorticated, removed.

Log End
From examining the grain in this log and the bark, below, I think it might be a Black Maple.

Log Bark

Log
Dead Tree Base
I think that the tree was killed by lightning.

Dead Tree Standing
I found a nice site for identifying mushrooms while searching for the identity of the mushroom.  It did not identify my mushroom, however.  I think that part of the problem was that the body was not fruiting and I was therefore, unable to obtain a spore print.  Any help, on your part, would be greatly appreciated.

Buy your 2015 Calender Here 

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: