Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Fringed Crumblecap Mushroom

Fringed Crumblecap Mushroom
This mushroom, about the size of the Deer Mushroom, is growing on a log, not pine.

The light was from about 10 o'clock or maybe 10:30.  I wished for a little more light on the stem and decided the shoot it with flash.

Fringed Crumblecap Mushroom
I got the light on the stem but also got "hot spots".  I think now that a different location for the flash would have helped.  I did not like the harsh shadows, either. The background was too close.  It was not movable.  Maybe I could have used a different camera angle.  I should have thought about it more.  I really need to go back and reshoot this.

Camera Setup for Fringed Crumblecap Mushroom
I wish I had tried to place the flash to the right of the lens.  These are both focus stack captures.  I should have made more exposures with the flash to refine my lighting before shooting the focus stack.  The CamRanger will not display the capture because it cannot parse the raw files I save.  I should probably try shooting "raw" and "jpg." to see if it would display them then.  I just can't get down to look at the camera display.



I wanted to have a sample available for ID so I brought these home.  I have since returned them.  I was surprised to note how the mushrooms changed from the time I picked them and the time of arrival here, maybe at most an hour.



Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: