Thursday, November 6, 2014

Earthball Puffball

Earthball Puffball
I found this one growing on a log the other morning.  The sun was behind it and I decided on lighting the front with a Canon 420EX with a Stoffen Diffuser.  I used Camranger step small, f/2.8.  With the step small I had nearly 400 captures for the focus stack.  If I had this to do over, and I may, I would shoot it using step medium and leave everything the same.  The nearly 400 captures took a long time.  The sun continued to rise and I had to sit between the sun and the puffball to block the changing light.

The image has a weird look.  It looks sharp up close but it looks like it is a little out of phase.  Maybe I moved the log slightly when I sat on it.  No, I didn't though, because there was a break between them.  It didn't move much. 


Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: