Friday, November 7, 2014

Crooked Limb

Crooked Limb
This limb has captured my imagination for years.  It has fallen to the ground and I have just discovered it this fall.  I photographed it in the early morning light.  I liked the rim type of lighting on the other end.

Crooked Limb
The sun moved on but I was not yet finished with the limb.  I decided to see what I could accomplish with flash.  I discovered that the flash slave system with my camera and flash would not work unless line of sight was open.  I decided to place the flashes in view of the camera and clone them out later.  The flash lighting was much more subtle.  One flash was placed at the base of the tree and other was placed by the small rock just behind the splintered limb in the lower right.  If you look for a moment, you will see the light on the underside of the limb.  I thought this limb looked a little like a sea serpent with the head near the tree.

 
Crooked Limb on the Tree in late January, 2005
I have not seen such a crooked limb before.  I think that photographing it on the ground has more potential. 


Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: