Sunday, October 5, 2014

Spring Ridge Trail

Downed Tree
I start walking on the forest trails this time of year.  I have wanted to seek out the spring which was, for me, the mythical beginning of our stream.  I had only heard of it and seen it on the map, but had not been there.  I go into the forest looking for mushrooms to photograph.  The forest is difficult to impossible for me to navigate pulling my little cart.  I had always thought that I would have to attempt to find the spring by walking up the stream without the cart.

I walked in at the above entrance, near the wildlife tower, looking for mushrooms the other day.  I was surprised, it had been years since I was there, to note that one of my favorite trees had fallen.  It was a huge tree.

Downed Top of Tree
You can see the downed crooked limb behind my head, probably not good image composition.  You can see the size of the trunk, since I am sitting on it.

Canopy
You can also get a feel for the significance of this tree in this location.  It left a huge opening in the canopy.

False Turkey-tail
It was on limbs from this tree I photographed the fungus.

I left this site moving further back searching for more mushrooms.  I will show you other things I saw tomorrow.

Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: