Monday, October 6, 2014

Beyond the Downed Tree

Tepee
I have seen the beginnings of tepees around the forest but this one looks ready to move in.  It needs canvas or something to shed rain.  There is no sign of habitation that I can see.

Tepee Inside
I assume it is built solidly but I did not enter.

Not far from the tepee was my objective, the spring.

Boardwalk
I felt sure that this was the place the outflow of the spring crossed the trail when I looked to my right and saw a decidedly light place.

Spring Area
I walked into the light area.  It is covered with plants liking the open sun.  It looked to me like it could be a pool in different seasons.  I must return to see.  Not far beyond this area a trail goes off to the left.  I think that it is the one which crosses the stream at bridge 8.  I hope to walk it some time soon.

Not far beyond this spot is the end of Gorman Nature Center property.  I think that is the case because I found a wire fence mashed down.

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: