Monday, October 20, 2014

More False Turkey-tail

False Turkey-tail
I think these mushrooms lovely.  They come in many different color arrangements.  I decided not to clean off the leaves.  I thought it a nice seasonal aspect of the image.


False Turkey-tail
 While I was working the light changed.  The sun was rising and the light became contrasty.  I needed to use a light modifier from that point on.

False Turkey-tail
While doing a setup I accidentally tripped the shutter and I liked this.

False Turkey-tail
The log was split and the mushrooms were growing on one side of it.  Again, I was tempted to remove the leaves but thought better of it.

False Turkey-tail
I thought the mushrooms growing in the split particularly lovely.  I am planning on doing more work at this site.

This setup required me to hold a light modifier at the other end of the log.  Of course, I could not reach and my remote release was not long enough.  Even if it were, I could not see where to hold the light modifier while standing down there.  I was using a wide zoom and the position was critical.  You probably know where this is going.  I used the CamRanger as a remote shutter release with a view of the subject.  I could hold the modifier at the exact place I needed it and release the shutter when I got it there.

False Turkey-tail Camera Setup


Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

No comments: