Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Monarch Butterfly

Monarch Butterfly Female
I have experienced three opportunities to photograph a Monarch Female.  Jan Ferrall thinks this is the same female.  It is one more than I photographed last summer.  I have photographed at least three caterpillars.  I have seen some milkweed plants broken off.  I don't know if they were broken off to collect a caterpillar or not.  I find myself feeling defensive for these creatures.  I am not an official observer, but I think we might consider the Monarch Butterfly endangered at Gorman Nature Center.  I just observe the milkweed plants along my trail.  There could be plants elsewhere on the property.  I think that my observation would be indicating a trend, however. 


Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: