Tuesday, July 8, 2014

More Pickerel Weed

Pickerel Weed
I just realized that the pickerel weed reminds me of the Peace Lily.  Perhaps they are even related.  I love the way the bud and later the flower rises in front of the the leaf.  I wonder if it might also be called a "boy flower" as the peace lily is.

dufourea novaeangliae Bee on Pickerel Weed

The setup for insects is more easily mounted on a tripod than last year's setup.  I made this shot with it mounted thusly.  This is a single capture which was preceded by a Deep DOF series in an effort to capture the leaf behind in focus as well.  That idea did not turn out the way I had hoped but I was able to eliminate the leaf-in-focus shot and capture the bud (see below).  I was thinking ahead to printing this next winter.

 dufourea novaeangliae Bee on Deep DOF Pickerel Weed
I was pleased with the outcome except that the bee was there for only the final shot.  I decided to process the series without the bee and the leaf.  Afterwards I placed the bee into the image with a mask.

I think, now, that if I decided to print this one I would work on the color slightly.  I like the color of the green in the image above, not so much, this one .

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


No comments: