Monday, July 7, 2014

Dragonfly Perch

Slaty Skimmer
Someone, not me, stuck a branch down into the water of the pond for a reason unknown to me.  I have found it useful in photographing the dragonflies.

Dragonfly Perch
I installed a perch elsewhere for the purpose of photographing dragonflies.  It was purely accident that there were out-of-focus highlights in the background, circles-of-confusion.  I became excited about the "bokeh" of my Sigma 180mm macro lens.

Eastern Pondhawk
I thought that it added to the beauty of my shots.

Dot-tailed Whiteface
Since that time, I have been trying to figure out what unique light, time and conditions created that bokeh.  That is currently a work in progress.

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: