Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Milkweed Creatures II

Monarch Female
It has been two years since I have had a confirmed sighting of the Monarch Butterfly at Gorman.  I was excited, needless to say, when I saw this one and a female, too.  She lit on the leaves lower down on this Marsh Milkweed plant also.  I suppose she was laying eggs.  It reminded me to begin looking for caterpillars.  

Monarch Caterpillar
 I began looking the very next day in a different location.  I found this young fellow munching away.

Monarch Caterpillar
I found yet another that same morning.

We have so many nice milkweed plants and it is so good to see them used my the monarch.

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: