Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tiger Salamander Update

Tiger Salamander
The Tiger Salamanders are growing quickly.  I am feeding them turtle food and I got an air pump and stone for them.  They are extremely energetic swimmers.

Tiger Salamander
 More than one person has told me they are just frog tadpoles.  I am sticking to my guns, they are salamander tadpoles

I can see that they are developing a circulatory system.  I can even see blood vessels in the tail.

Tiger Salamander
Tiger Salamander
You must think back to the beginning as they hatched from the eggs.  These are the same creatures.  Remember, also, that they hatched in the middle of April.  I did not hear frogs calling which were big enough to lay eggs that size at that time.

There are appendages forming just behind the heart, etc, which could be gills or front legs.  Only time will tell.

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


No comments: