Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Bird Photography

Canada Geese
I shot these with my Sigma 24-70mm lens because that is what I had in hand.  They were focused sharply.

Mallard Drake
This shot was made on a morning when there was extremely low light.  It was, at least, two stops under exposed.  It looks to be in low light because it was.

Canada Goose
Think this might have been the "final" in King of the Float.  I think that we have a nesting pair, currently.

Spotted Sandpiper
This bird was on the float as I walked in the other morning.  I had been thinking just a few minutes previous to this that I need to use ec -1 because of the light.  I totally forget in the excitement of making this shot.  As you will notice, I had trouble with high lights, e.g. white on the breast. It is not blown out but it is too contrasty.

Additionally, this was my first opportunity to try the Sigma 50-500 mm after I micro adjusted auto focus with Lens Align, recently discussed.  I can't say that I saw an improvement in the sharpness, oh, maybe a little.  I shot this with the lens/camera mounted on a monopod.  I shot at 1/1000 and f/5.6.

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

 


No comments: