Sunday, March 23, 2014

Driftwood Tree Roots

Driftwood Tree Roots
I found this piece of driftwood the other day.  I was excited because I really like gnarled wood.  I made this image but did not like the background.  I decided to go back the next day to see if anything could be done about it.

Driftwood Tree Roots
I walked around it looking for a background and this is what I saw.  I thought that the stream formed an "S", a strong compositional element and my excitement rose.

The top part of the stream, upper right, was not reflecting the sky like it had the previous day.  This shot has been optimized, but tomorrow I will show it before optimization.  I liked the background but I wanted my subject, the driftwood, to stand out.


Driftwood Tree Roots
I achieved my improvements using just the sort of thing Ansel Adams would have used.  I will show you tomorrow how I did it.

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: