Monday, February 24, 2014

Surface of Rose Quartz

Rose Quartz
I set out to include the detail of the surface in these images.  I added flash to reveal the texture.  I liked flash placement best higher than even with the subject.

Rose Quartz
I experimented with exposure and flash compensation.  This is the one I like best.  It had ec = -4 and fec = +1

Sigma 105 mm Lens, full Kenko Extension Tube Set, Canon 500D

I did not have much of an idea how I wanted to achieve my goal.  I experimented varying the ec a stop at a time.  Later I varied the fec a stop at a time.  I came upon a result that I liked.

I also used the 3D function of Helicon Focus.  I don't have the Pro version so the images are imprinted but it gives the idea.




Please share your comments on this project.

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: