Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Citrine Quartz

Citrine Quartz
This piece of rock came with a fracture in the middle.  The fracture did not survive our handling.  You can see it in the upper left corner.    It is currently missing the other part.  It must have been, also, back when I made the "Rock Assortment" image.  It has other fractures, less fragile, than the first one which, I believe, add interest.

Citrine Quartz
The photography for this was nearly exactly like that used previously with the Rose Quartz.  Exposure Compensaton, ec, was - 1 and Flash Exposure Compensation, fec was - 3.  I used one 420ex slave flash.

Citrine Quartz
I have decided, I think, that trying to show internal features along side external features is difficult or impossible.  The image becomes too cluttered in most cases.


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: