Thursday, September 5, 2013

Gorman Pond

Gorman Pond
This is the shot I was making when the Kingfishers arrived.  I shot at two different focusing distances so that the foreground would be nice and sharp.  I shot five captures at each focusing distance with the intention of combining them in Photomatix Pro.  When It was finished I began looking at it closely and discovered that the tall sunflower in the right foreground had moved.  I almost threw out all captures upon making that discovery.  I thought about it, a slow process for me, and decided that I would try using one each from the different focusing distances to combine them, eliminating many chances for movement.  The result was much better.  There is still a little movement in the upper parts of the plant but the lower parts were steady.  You may also notice the dual contrails representing the time difference of the captures.  I cropped out the movement and used it on Facebook.

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: