Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Bird Blind

My Bird Blind
I built this bird blind in the early first decade of the 21st. century.  I used it in my backyard by the bird feeder.  I had to stop feeding the birds because chipmunks, which ate the bird feed, became pests.

My recent images of the Kingfisher became a motivation for me to repair it and use it.  Two days after the siting I took it to Gorman and set it up.  I sat in it for 2.5 hours with no sitings.  I thought I heard them.

My Bird Blind
I purchased the camouflage fabric at the local outdoor outfitter.  The rings, there are four, are made of half-inch plastic water pipe.  They are four feet in diameter.  The top one has a tee every 90 degrees to accept the plastic uprights.   They are three-quarter-inch plastic water pipe.  I created the base out of half-inch rigid copper pipe, now more expensive than when I built it.  Carol sewed in rod pockets for the hoops.  I used Outdoor Adhesive and Sealant by Goop to adhere the top.   It is in its lowest position, quite high enough for me to sit inside.  It will go high enough fore me to stand inside, though I don't stand for long periods now.  

I have not heard the Kingfishers for some time.  I think it is possible that I am not arriving early enough in the day.  

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

 

No comments: