Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Grasshopper Nymph

Grasshopper Nymph
The insect eventually looked like this on that first day.  The little beady eyes made me think that it is a nymph.  I wish I knew for sure.  The ID books don't have nymph pictures.

Grasshopper Nymph
It looks like it is sitting on top of some other insect in these shots.  At first, I thought that is was eating.  Now, I believe that the "insect" beneath is really exuvia, its former exoskeleton.

Grasshopper Nymph
The next day, it was still there.  Note the little beady eyes and the long horns.  I think that it might be some kind of grasshopper.  I did not get to go back to look at it on the third day.  I don't know if it will even be there on the fourth.

Please comment if you have information which might be helpful.

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: