Sunday, July 21, 2013

Condensation on the Lens

Creek Sand
The recent storms washed a great deal of sand from the bridge 2 area into the upper end of the frog pond.  I was disappointed because I like to photograph the ripples on the sandy bottom.

The humidity was high and my lens had been in the basement before I took it out.  It fogged up as soon as I removed the lens cap.  You can see some of the fog on the left and right edges.  I had the Sigma 24-70 millimeter, f/2.8 lens zoomed to 42 mm for this shot and set at f/9.5.

Creek Sand
I had noticed that the fog was leaving the lens surface from the center first.  For this shot I zoomed out to 24 mm.  I don't have to point out that the foggy part of the shot is wider.

Creek Sand
I was waiting until the fog receded from the center of the lens enough to get a clear shot.  Same settings here.

Creek Sand
Finally, it cleared and I was able to capture this image.  I just thought the process interesting.  I don't know why the fog cleared from the center, the thickest part, first.

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: