Saturday, July 20, 2013

Other Insects II

Bumblebee
Blooming flowers are an excellent place at which to capture images of nectar loving insects.

Silver-spotted Skipper
I am using a little different lens setup lately.  I am using my Sigma 105mm, f/2.8 macro.  I mount it on a Sigma 2x Converter.  It is not fast enough to auto focus but much easier to manual focus because of the brighter view finder image.  The OS, optical stabilization, is a help also.  I set it on os1.

Northern Broken Dash
Oh, another advantage of the above setup is that I can shoot at ISO 100, making noise less of an issue.  In this shot, the aperture of f/11 made the background dark.  the shutter and aperture combination came in at 1.5 stops below ambient light.  The shutter was set at 1/250th which also helped make the background dark.

 Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: