Sunday, June 9, 2013

Red-winged Blackbirds

Red-winged Blackbird Male
I am paying close attention to the edges of the pond these days because I am looking for dragonfly exuvia and dragonflies themselves.  The blackbirds feel protective of their nests near the edge of the pond when I am present.  They become quite aggressive.

Red-winged Blackbird Male
They make a face and sound put-offish.  They want me to leave.

Red-winged Blackbird Male
They fly at me.  I do not usually look up.  I just happened to catch this one.  It might have been that same morning that I felt wind from his wings on the back of my neck.  He must have been pretty close.  

Red-winged Blackbird Male
Their nesting behavior does give me the opportunity to capture images of them that I could not capture at other times of year.    I like to look at them up close.  I hope that you do too.

Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: