Saturday, June 8, 2013

Eight-spotted Forester Moth

Eight-spotted Forester Moth
This is a moth that, unlike many other moths, is out during daylight.  I had never heard of it until I photographed it several years ago.  The spots on the the fore-wing are slightly yellow and the ones on the rear wing are white.  It was a long time until I noticed that.

Eight-spotted Forester Moth Caterpillar
I have even fount it caterpillar a colorful creature in its own right.

Eight-spotted Forester Moth
 The impact of many of my insect shots is diminished by the cluttered background.  I decided to try the technique I first used on the aircraft.  I like how it makes the insect stand out.  It almost looks like I used specialized lighting.

Eight-spotted Forester Moth
I think that I could make the initial selection for the effect a little more rounded.  You can go back to the shot of the ME 262 to see one of my first tries.  I think that the outside on it is too dark and could be smoothed.  It is a little too dramatic.  Of these, I like the first one the best.

Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook.
 
Feed 

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: