Friday, June 7, 2013

Tree Swallow

Tree Swallow
It was sprinkling that morning.  You can see a drop just to the left of the bird's back.  You can see drops on its back.

Exposure was not so difficult since there was no direct sun on the bird.  The white is as near white as it can be and black is as near black as it can be.  The drop must have been moving quickly because the shutter was 1/1000.

Tree Swallow
The feathers are not blue, they are iridescent.  The light reflected makes them look blue.  I like seeing the specular high light in the eye.  This, as you can see, is a contrasty light situation.

Tree Swallow
I have my camera set so that I can dial down EC, exposure compensation, in this sort of situation.  I have to watch that I don't loose detail in the whites.  I also shoot in Raw giving me the power to recover the highlights in camera raw.  I also adjust the noise and vibrance in Camera Raw

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: