Monday, May 13, 2013

Stream Bottom

Stream Bed
This is by bridge 2 at Gorman.  I like how the stream current makes shapes in the sand after a rain.  The light is setting this off as you can see.  The shadows require a polarizing filter to remove the sky reflection.  In this shot you can see the sky.  I think that the bright sun on the log is a little distracting.  It draws my eye second and almost seems to add confusion to the rest of the composition.

Acquatic Earthworms and Sow Bugs
These creatures are active in the depressions, as you can seem.  I had not realized the stream contained so many small living creatures until after I attended the 

Stream Bed in Color
You can still see a little of the sky reflecting even after I used the circular polarizing filter.  Please note the raccoon tracks.  I settled on a composition a little further up stream for this one.  I had to wait for the light as the sun, in the east, moved between the trees.  I have since relocated the sticker bush whose shadow is so prominent in the left side.  I am waiting for another good rain to rearrange the sand again.  The sand is all under water in this image. 

Stream Bed in B&W
I settled on a B&W conversion partly because I wanted to be sure that the sky reflection was not visible.  I really like this, even after a couple weeks.

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



No comments: