Thursday, May 16, 2013

Flowering Dogwood

Flowering Dogwood
I missed one day at Gorman last weekend and when I returned the flowering dogwood was blooming everywhere.  I have noticed more of these plants this year than I have in the past.  I think they are beautiful and am always looking for a way to photograph them.  This one particular morning we had sun but it was filtered by clouds making the light less specular.  I made several shots of this bloom as the light changed.  This was one of the earlier ones.  I liked the back light on the petals.  The light on the leaves leads my eye in the the distance.  It makes this image dynamic.  In some of the later shots I did not like the shapes of the shadows on the back of the petals.  That was the deciding factor in my picking this one.


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook 

Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: