Monday, April 8, 2013

Migrating Birds

Wood Duck Male
This is the time of year the ducks are migrating to their summer breeding grounds.  I find it exciting to discover them on the pond in the morning when I arrive.  This duck is on the "Frog Pond".  I like to try to arrive before the runners and exercise enthusiasts because they scare them off


Wood Duck Pair
I did not see any except this pair that morning.  I was trying to move into a close range for a shot.  They flew and I don't know why.  When they did there were two pair.

Wood Ducks, Two Pair
They flew off and out of sight.  A few moments later, as I walked back to my cart, two more ducks launched.  I could not pick up my camera fast enough to shoot them.  I do not know what kind they were.  

Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: