Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Metal Prints Retrospective IV

Thin Ice Print
This one is on the brushed aluminum.  They said it was for textures of which this image has a lot.  Carol liked this and wants to hang it but has not decided where.

Corner Before Straightening
The corners require special attention.  They may require straightening
after cutting.  I found I could straighten with just finger pressure. 

Corner After Straightening

Wavy Edges
This occurred only on two edges of one print.  I am unsure whether this was caused by too much pressure on the file while beveling the metal or a defect in a piece of mat.  It might have been the
adhesive on the back of the metal, also.

Adhesive:  I ordered the metal with adhesive already applied to the back.  One came
without.  It was the brushed silver sheet. I think that I read it was unavailable
backed with adhesive.  I used the spray adhesive that I used for the faux metal prints
and found it very effective.  It was Scotch Photo Mount.  It is acid free which might
not be needed with these prints.  I roughed the back of the metal with steel wool
before spraying on the adhesive.

Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook 

Feed 

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


No comments: