Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Larry and Kathy Schuh and the B-52

Boeing B-52 Stratofortress
I visited the Museum of the US Air Force recently.  The B-52 is enormous.  It is a difficult aircraft to photograph because it is so dark.  It is such a well known aircraft having served in South East Asia.  It is still in service and will be for years to come as I understand it.

It made me think of some friends of my bicycling days, Larry and Kathy Schuh.  They have a son, Willy, who now flies in B-52's.  I played Whiz Ring with him during GOBA back in the day. 

Larry And Kathy
I first met them in 1991 at the Great Ohio Bicycle Adventure.  We rode together for several years.

Boeing B-52 Stratofortress

I used my Sigma 10 - 20 mm lens for most of these shots.  

Boeing B-52 Stratofortress
 Thankfully the museum display enables a shot like this for a wide lens.  They had the bomb bays open for viewing.  My shot of them was inconsequential.   The aircraft is sitting on risers so that one can walk under it without stooping. 

Order a 2013 Calendar



http://www.larrysimages.com/



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line. 


No comments: