Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Dragonflies

Slaty Skimmer
I think this is the only one of these I saw this year.

Widow Skipper
I saw almost none of these this year.  Normally they are very numerous.

Common Whitetail Female
Twelve-spotted Skimmer
I normally sit by the vernal pool and use these dragonflies for target practice with my camera.  I only sat by the pool a few times this past summer because there were almost none of these.

Twelve-spotted Skimmer
Painted Skimmer
This was a new addition for my collection of images.

Common Whitetail exoskeleton
The dragonfly has molted here.  It climbed out of the pool to this point after living under water for about three years.  

Common Whitetail
Common Whitetail
Ruby Meadowhawk
This is one of the reasons I use flash on dragonflies.  The light on the thorax and head would not have been strong enough without it. 

http://www.larrysimages.com/

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: