Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Colors of Gorman Nature Center

Gorman Nature Center
I am planning a new slide show entitled "The Colors of Gorman."  One of the colors simply must be yellow.  We are in the yellow period, my name for it, currently.  The goldenrod, shown in the lower right, is blooming profusely.  The prairie dock is finished and the tall sunflower, shone in the mid-left, is at its height of color.

Gorman Nature Center
We have lots and lots of goldenrod, to my knowledge all yellow.  I was trying to show that in this shot.  I thought that the bird box needed to be lit in this shot because it was in the shade of a tree, not shown.

Gorman Nature Center
  I set up a remote flash on a tripod in front of the box and behind the goldenrod, out of sight.  At first, my camera master would not make it flash.  I began raising the flash one crank at a time until the camera would activate it.  I thought the result better but much too bright.  

Gorman Nature Center
I decided to dial down the flash intensity.  I finally settled on Flash Exposure Compensation, FEC, -1 1/2.  The box is lit just enough to make it a unified part of the lighting of this shot


http://www.larrysimages.com/


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: