Thursday, September 20, 2012

Jumping Spider

Jumping Spider
This little guy hitched a ride home in my hair the other day.  He jumping into the sink as I started to wash my hands.  I rescued him any placed him in my light tent.  I remembered walking through a spider web strung across the path that morning.  For a reason unknown, I did not wipe it away as I usually do.

I made many images of him and was excited to process them.  I immediately noticed that not one appeared sharp.  It was like using a beauty blur or something.  I cleaned my glasses, put drops in my eyes and rested.  They still were not sharp.  I am looking for another subject presently.  

The only cause for this blurriness I can think of is lack of enough light to see to focus.  Next time, want to set up a video light to use for focusing.

Jumping Spider
 I used my Mamya f /1.7 lens reversed for the closeup lens on this.  It was mounted on the Sigma 105 mm macro lens.  The camera was on the tripod and I had loosened the ball.  I held the camera as I wood without a tripod and followed his movements.  I used the shutter button for this capture.  

I will try to catch another one and redo this shoot.


http://www.larrysimages.com/



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: