Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Monarch Caterpillar

Monarch Caterpillar
This little guy was munching on the marsh milkweed blossom.  I can't remember seeing that behavior before.

I must comment also that I have not seen many large butterflies this year.  It is August and I see small butterflies but not the larger ones.  I have wondered if the reason might be the time I go to Gorman but yesterday I went in the early afternoon and still did not see large butterflies.  It is an unusual season weather wise.  The common milkweed, the monarch's primary host plant, is not growing as usual.  There are some, but not as many.  Some places in which I see numerous milkweed plants each year, have almost none.  

http://www.larrysimages.com/


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook.

Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



 

No comments: