Sunday, August 5, 2012

End-banded Netwing

End-banded Netwing
I remembered photographing one of these previously but could not remember the name.  I thought, to myself, "This will be easy to find in the book."  I looked through all the moths and did not see it.  I knew in which book I had seen it.  I could almost remember the picture of it in the book.  I surely expected it to be a moth.  Finally, I found it with the beetles.  I was about to give up looking.  I would have, if I did not remember seeing it before.

Thanks to the FreeDictionary I learned this:  1. Any of numerous insects of the order Coleoptera, having biting mouthparts and forewings modified to form horny coverings that protect the underlying pair of membranous hind wings when at rest.  What we see are the forewings.  Interesting!


http://www.larrysimages.com/

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



  

No comments: