Thursday, July 19, 2012

Turquoise Rock

Turquoise Rock
Carol gave Lily a small bag of rocks which were polished.  When she got tired of them, she gave them to me.  I showed most of them in a recent blog.  This rock, because of the color, seem a good subject for further work.  I wanted to show as many properties in the image as I could.  The properties I noticed were color turquoise, translucent/transparent, shiny surface.

Turquoise Rock
I was not sure that the translucent/transparent property s showed well enought.


Camera setup for above

Turquoise Rock
I could see the transparent/translucent property s more easily with this shot.  It lacked the sheen on the surface.  The setup below helped to fix that.

Camera Setup
Turquoise Rock

I thought that I finally got to my goal with this capture.  I used my Logan Light Box for viewing slides as the bottom light.  I used a piece of black construction paper, cutting a hole under the rock slightly smaller than the rock.  The pertinent data related to this shot was:  mirror lock, smtih-Victor LB-20 Light Box Tent, logan light box, ec 0, fec - 1/2, a:b  = 1:1,  a either side, full hood on lens, sigma 105 mm macro lens, Canon EOS 7D.  This is a Helicon Series shot at f/8, 1 second.  Two Canon 420 EX slaves, 7D master.

I am wondering if this might be quartz with something else inside.


http://www.larrysimages.com/


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



No comments: