Tuesday, July 17, 2012

2012 Ricland Lithographic and Lipidary Society Show

Kay and Gay Abrams Jewelry
The Abrams are very friendly people.  They also had the fluorescent rocks display.  You may remember it from several weeks ago.  They also make very nice jewelry.  (click on any of the images to enlarge)

Lawrence Hull Display
Lawrence Hull Display
Linda and Bill Heyworth Display
Mary and Bill Byrley Display

Medici Family Display

Michael Pinka Display

Mike Holland Display

Mike McCullough Jewelry

Mike_McCullough and Rodney Daiber
 Rodney has invented a much less expensive way to facet gems.  Check it out at his web site 

.
Nancy Reibaugh Display

OSU Orton Hall Museum
 They spotlight was on meteorites this year.  Tom Kottyan had to sign his life away in order to make this display available for our enjoyment and education.  

 
Pam Laurer Display

Pam Laurer Display
 I met Pam and Dan at LoweVolk.  It might have been the first show I attended.


Tom Kottyan Collection

Tom Kottyan Collection
I sincerely enjoyed this year's show.  I was able to handle a meteorite.  It was quite dense and seemed heavy.  I suppose that is because it contained iron or nickel.

I was able to get help on the ID of rock I found in the bucket I bought at the silent auction last year.  What a deal!  It was Carnotite.

Carnotite
I read that it forms when ground water runs through uranium deposits.  It has radioactive properties and dissolves in acids.

I find myself wishing that I had access to my high school chemistry/physics lab on some of the ID's  Thanks Tom.

 http://www.larrysimages.com/

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



 

No comments: