Monday, July 16, 2012

Airport Day part 3

1940 Ford Coupe Convertible Deluxe

This particular restoration won a national prize several years ago.  These cars get lots of TLC just in everyday life.  The hood was not open but I seem to remember that somewhere on the grill it said V8.  I assume that it was a flat head.  I don't know if this one has a stock engine or not.  

1968 Corvette Convertible
The wheels sit wide apart but the narrow body is inside them.  The driver and passenger sit inside the wheel base.  I suppose that is for better cornering.  These cars seem timeless to me.  

My brother, Craig, had a 1978 25th Anniversary Edition.  He gave me a ride.  I thought it was less than smooth.  He asked if I would care to drive it.  I don't think that I accepted his invitation.  I am glad that he did not show me how it performed.  

As you might notice, I was there early before many cars arrived.  They kept coming in while I looked at the airplanes but my attention was elsewhere by then.  I enjoyed spending time with Gavin, Lucas, and Loudon and their daddy s.  

http://www.larrysimages.com/


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook.
 

Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



No comments: