Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mallard Ducks

Mallard Male
They come in pairs this time of year.  I did not see the female until they flew.  The mallard seems to me to be the most common duck in our area.

Mallard Male
This shot was what I consider lucky, because auto focus does not always lock on when the background is cluttered.  It tends to work better once the duck gets to the blue sky background.

Mallard Pair
I am learning to judge what light I need for these shots.  Low light does not make it.  I have learned from the camera by using auto ISO.  I am able to set my EOS 20D which does not have auto ISO using what I have learned from the 7D.  This shot was taken using the 7D and a Sigma 50-500 f/4-f/6.3 lens.  When possible, I rest this rig on a monopod (first two shots).  I was able to pick up the whole thing and shoot this one hand holding all including the monopod. 

http://www.larrysimages.com/



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


Feed 

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



No comments: