Sunday, March 11, 2012

Auto Adjustments Need Adult Supervision

Thin Ice
I noticed this scene as I walked down the trail the other morning.  I shot it for Deep DOF with Helicon Focus twice.  The is the first series of captures processed.  Photoshop curves made this adjustment.  I have noticed that an image, having whites, looses detail at the hands of the curves/auto.  The white snow has lost detail.

Thin Ice
I fine tune my exposure in Adobe Camera Raw.  The snow is white and exposure is set carefully so that it does not loose detail.  I then go through curves manually and finally set contrast with curves.  My procedure does not blow out my carefully set highlights.  I just need to remember to watch my highlights.

http://www.larrysimages.com/


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



No comments: