Friday, December 16, 2011

Winter Color

Rose Hips
Things change as winter approaches.  I find myself looking for colors and themes.  The other morning as I walked, I was noticing all the red berries.  They are prominent with leaves gone.  I thought, "Red is a good color.  I need the right background to go with the berries."  One bush of berries would work great with the background if my tripod or I stood 10 feet tall.  Since I could not get that high view, I moved on.  The idea I had was to shoot the red berries with a green background.  The only green thing that I could think of was the pine tree.  All I had to do was find a pine tree with red berries growing near it.  

I did not see any.  I even walked around an area where I usually do not walk.  Just as I was coming to a point of wishing that I could pick a branch of berries and place it near the tree, I found these.  I did two Helicon Focus series'.  The first I processed as you see above.

Rose Hips
The second, I process slightly differently.  The color of the pine trees in the background comes out more like it was at least in my memory.  (Remember my color memory is somewhat suspect.)  

I found that I liked the first way better.  Carol also liked the first one better.  What do you think?

http://www.larrysimages.com/



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



No comments: