Thursday, December 15, 2011

Flint and Quartz


Back to crystallization, I think that the crystals on top of the flint where in solution hence the flat bottom.  The solution evaporated and the the crystals formed.  I find it intriguing to wonder about what might have happened. 


This is the same rock from a different view.


This is a different rock but is made of the same stuff.


It has interesting fractures.


This is the sort of rock that I need to keep out of the tumbler.

I thought that this was a n interesting perspective.  There was something wrong with it, though, which I think that I corrected in the next shot.


What do you think?

http://www.larrysimages.com/


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: